Planes > Jets

Which EDF model for a learner?

<< < (2/17) > >>

Happy Days:
MMMmmmmm……….Many thanks John,  very interesting! :?:
I came to the same conclusion regarding big EDF’s. So as I’m just looking for a bit of fun, and the local farmer doesn’t have a tarmac runway for me to use :!: , I need something that will be able to be hand launched.
I like the price of the F16 (being only a couple of quid more than the Fantom.)
I take your point about rear prop jets, although at the moment I think I’ll stick with the idea of EDF.

Just looking at the F16, it looks like the air intake is on the underside of the model. The instructions say it’s an all foam design.
Question; How does that foam air intake stand up to heavy landings? :oops:

K.

Happy Days:
OH!, now I’m getting confused. :?  I’ve just been looking at the Phase3 range of EDF’s

They do a “Squall HP” (High Power).
This uses a 4cell Li-po, has an optional ruder and optional vectored thrust :shock:  facility. On top of that it ain’t very expensive and is hand launched. (At least that’s what the guy in the video does)

OOOooooh, a few hours ago it was all so simple, I just wanted a cheap EDF……………Now I have to make decisions. Woe is Me! :cry:
(May be I should just stick to gliders :) )

JohnPearson:
Hi Keith

The squall is a good model, however if I was in your shoes, I would go with the f16, good speed and good value for the euros!

As for the air intake, you can reinforce this area with a little fibre tape, it also comes with a plastic cover over the air intake edge for added support, The weak stop in this model, is the elevators on landing, you land nose high, then just before touch down, level the elevators, after a few flights, you will get the hang of it!

billscottni:
What about building a pusher prop depron jet?

Plenty of plans out there and you could probably transplant electrics from your indoor models if you have any.

bearpjk:
Further to Bills suggestion , have a look here for a
good option :

http://foamyfactory.com/jets.htm

I have an ef16, flies great too

cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version