Author Topic: Slope Fest NI  (Read 10025 times)

woodstock

• View Profile
Slope Fest NI
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2011, 20:37:58 PM »
Quote from: "Richard Boyd"

I suppose I do preach alot when it comes to radio gear and model setup.
First the radio gear, please please everyone buy good quality radio gear, servos batteries etc. Some people spend a fortune on planes and then put in cheap nasty Hobby king gear, most of it being total crap.
Why lose a plane over the head of saving a few quid. Most companies like Horizon Hobbies give you real guarentees ! There aint much guarentee from Hong Kong !
Next it is plane setup, so many times I see beautiful planes with servos not centered ! balance points off a mile, flexing pushrods, loss servos, etc etc.
If you are unsure about how to trim or set up a plane then ask a fellow club member, read some very interesting info on plane setup that can be found on the web. Other tip is please donot go by what you may read on forums, unless it is a well proven pilot. Some info on forums come from people that can " talk the talk" but unable to "walk the walk"
Some very basic info on trimming of a powered models but it is relevant to gliders as well. http://www.pongo-air.com/flightguide.html

Richard
Eh??  This unsolicited "advice" is on a forum, so it must be a double negative?   :!:
Chris van Schoor

Richard Boyd

• View Profile
Slope Fest NI
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2011, 21:39:46 PM »
Hi Chris, it is extremely kind of you to grace us with your presence.
Maybe you could enrich us with your experiance of flying and help us LOCAL YOKELS to improve our standards. :wink:
Richard Boyd
A bad days flying is better than a good days work.